RCC 2009 will be in Portland, Oregon at University Place Hotel, which is associated with Portland State University (PSU). It's also where the first RecentChangeCamp, in 2006 was. Also see Transportation.
University Place Hotel - 310 SW Lincoln St, Portland, Oregon 97201
Parking at University Place Hotel
It costs $10/day to park in the hotel parking lot. They also have hourly rates. Street parking is limited and usually cost $1/hour. In addition, there is another parking lot on SW 4th/SW College--unsure of cost.
Other locations of interest
AboutUs Portland office - 107 SE Washington St, Suite 520, Portland, OR 97214-2205
PSU campus - http://www.pdx.edu/map.html - note University Place Hotel in the extreme lower right corner
Communication with conference staff
- Setup - As of 2/16, Chairs will be set up in one big room as a circle. A couple of other rooms will be setup for open space. Would like 200 chairs (no setup required) in Columbia Falls Ballroom. Also want Pyramid Lake and Trillium Lake. Wifi is available for all but we may have to fill out a form with each person's name for access (9/11 security stuff)--we'll get more info. Not sure if anyone has contacted Free Geek) for public computers and power strips. Other possible rooms: Coos Bay, Crater Lake, or Astoria downstairs (priority is a projector, or if there is none, whichever's biggest)
- See the map of the conference space.
- Lodging - Hard to say now. Do we need to block some to get the space? Or is it about getting a discount, or just guaranteeing that the rooms will be available? Is there a cost to blocking them if they don't get taken? Out of the blue we could say hold 5 double rooms and 5 single rooms. (There will be a bunch of people from out of town, but many of them are likely stay with friends, etc.)
- Food - As of 2/16, individuals can bring in their own food and drinks but RCC cannot bring them in and provide them to attendees. Can we decide on that later? We don't have sponsors/budget yet, but we'll almost certainly want some breakfasts and/or lunches - what are the options for that?
- Schedule - We need access from Thursday evening through Sunday 3pm.
Mark, what were the answers to these questions?