Please include a summary of the discussion, any recommendations or requests that the group had, and any resources the group noted regarding the topic.
We had a successful code sprint at Recent Changes Camp. We got lots of work done and spent time during the sprint and afterwards telling people about Calagator.
Lance Albertson, Reid Beels, Joe Cohen, Amy Farrell, Jesse Hallett, Igal Koshevoy, Leif Warner, and first-time participants Colin Curtin, Dhananjay Keskar, Bart Massey, Phil Tomson.
The following changes have been merged into the main Calagator code base and deployed to production:
- Issue 380 "Merge with_theming branch" -- This makes it possible for people to run their own personalized instance of the Calagator platform.
- Issue 375 "upcoming.yahoo.com's imported events should not contain excessive linebreaks" -- We also refactored a dozen duplicated methods in our code that formatted things like descriptions.
- Issue 384 "Merge dependency changes" -- This eliminated many bundled libraries and moved them to gems, and upgraded RSpec. WARNING: This change broke the environment and it's impossible to run the app without making some extra, undocumented changes -- these must be addressed and the documentation fixed soon as part of Issue 381.
- Issue 381 "Fix documentation for setting up the application"
- Issue 382 "Improve documentation of with_theming branch"
- Issue 383 "Specs should be written for the with_my_events branch"
- Issue 385 "Provide widget for displaying Calagator events on another site"
Thank you all for coming and helping out!
Remember to link to this session from the Session notes.